Passionate about working alongside mothers and children? Value early learning opportunities for preschool children? We would love to hear from you!
HIPPY is a free, two-year, home-based early childhood learning program that empowers parents and caregivers of 3 – 4 year old children to be their child’s first teacher. We are looking for a self-motivated, energetic and well organised HIPPY coordinator for the Mount Wellington and Sylvia Park communities.
Ideal applicants should have experience in and/or a qualification in education, social sciences or human services. You must have a full drivers licence and be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Preferred candidates will have:
- A tertiary qualification in education, social sciences or human services
- Experience working alongside mothers and pre-school aged children
- Have worked in a learning or education setting and have experience in coordinating school or community-based projects
- Commitment and sensitivity to working within lower socio economic and multi-cultural communities
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong verbal, written and administration skills
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- Ability to promote inter-agency liaison in support of the programme
- Experience in a school environment
- Desire to make a difference
- Knowledge of diverse cultures
- Solution focused
- Creativity and innovation
- Strong relationship building skills
What ATWC can offer
- 15 additional leave days as well as 4 weeks annual leave
- Commitment to professional supervision
- Ongoing professional development and growth
- Supportive working environment
Main responsibilities of the role:
The HIPPY Coordinator role oversees and coordinates the day-to-day program operations in the Mount Wellington and Sylvia Park communities. The Coordinator has the primary responsibility for all aspects of implementation and management of the program which includes family recruitment and facilitating the effective promotion of the program throughout the broader community.
If you are passionate about working alongside families and want to make a difference to children and their families, this is the opportunity to partner with us for future success.
To apply, please send your resume with a cover letter to: AnelF@atwc.org.nz
Closing Date: Friday, 30 April 2021, 9am