Client Records

If you are a current client of ATWC please discuss your request with your counsellor, social worker or therapist.

If you are previous client of ATWC you can request your personal records by writing to:

Human Resources (Client Records), St Mary’s Family Centre, PO Box 22-363 Otahuhu 1640, Auckland or email Genny Martin at [email protected].

What kind of personal records has ATWC kept?

Since 1950 ATWC has cared for of thousands of children who spent all or part of their early lives at ATWC homes. ATWC holds, in the strictest confidence, personal information on most people who lived in these homes as well as records on people born at St Mary’s Hospital.

Who can get access to personal records?

Knowing who you are and where you come from is important to everyone. ATWC is committed to openness and recognises the importance of family identity. We are happy for former residents to have access to any personal information we may hold about them.

With few exceptions, only the person to whom records refer can access them. No information will be given to anyone about a former resident without their written agreement. If a former resident is no longer alive, some information can be shared with their next of kin, once proof of identity is established.

How do I get access to personal records?

Because information can be sensitive, it will not be given out over the phone or through the post. Anyone requesting access to their personal records will be asked to meet an experienced social worker. People living overseas will be asked to make contact with a professional counsellor living in Auckland. We will work through this named person to ensure a supportive service is provided.


10 Beatty Street, Ōtāhuhu, Auckland 1062


Monday to Friday 8am-4:30pm


+64 9 276 3729