Do you have a passion for working with young people in secondary schools? Do you have a wealth of experience working alongside youth and/or a qualification that informs your work with youth?
Would you like the opportunity to make a difference?
Mō te tūnga | About the role
ATWC has partnered with Family Works Northern to provide a joint Youth Work programme across Auckland secondary schools. This service has a particular focus on mentoring and supporting young people to help meet their educational goals.
Mōu | About you
We are seeking an experienced Youth Worker (Social Workers or other youth related degree qualifications) to deliver the ‘Check and Connect Programme’ aimed to assist youth within selected secondary schools in Auckland, enabling them to make conscious decisions to engage with school and their communities.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Youth work qualification or relevant youth work experience
- Knowledge of or Experience working in a school environment
- Able to work across diverse cultures
- Able to develop strong community networks
- Solution focused
- Creativity and innovation
- Strong team player
- Desire to make a difference
- Legally entitled to work in New Zealand
- Full New Zealand Drivers Licence
What ATWC offer:
- Professional registration
- Additional 15 days of paid holidays
- Commitment to professional supervision
- Ongoing professional development and growth
This is an exciting opportunity to really make a difference within the community. If this sounds like a challenge you would like to take up, then we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter to [email protected].
Applications will be open until suitable candidate is found.
Note: Only candidates that are shortlisted and are legally entitled to work in New Zealand will be considered.