Ko wai mātou | About us
The Anglican Trust for Women & Children (ATWC) is a multi-disciplinary Social Services organization with over a hundred and sixty years of service to families in our community. We are offering a fantastic full time opportunity.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Based in Otahuhu, the Engaging Priority Families Programme concentrates on connecting families to identify and value early education for their tamariki across Auckland. The goal is for all tamariki to engage in quality education prior to starting school and breaking down barriers between whanau and education providers. The purpose is to support tamariki to have an enjoyable experience within an educational setting where they can learn and develop in preparing them to transition to school.
We are currently searching for a new Whanau Coordinator to take up the challenge of this fulltime role. As a Whanau Coordinator you will help whanau to understand the importance of Early Learning, build tailored pathways to address why early learning is important and have strong connections with key community groups, ECE providers and schools.
We need a diverse communicator who has the enthusiasm to work with whanau to promote early learning opportunities and support the aspirations of parents for their tamariki. If you are highly motivated with a can-do attitude then this position is for you.
Mōu | About you
To succeed in this role, you will need the following:
- Have some understanding of Early Childhood Education
- Knowledge and experience in working with Maori, Pasifika and migrant families
- Computer literate with the ability to write reports and other notes
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Effective networking skills
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Strong Team Player
- Effective planner, time management, initiative and self-motivation
- Legally entitled to work in New Zealand
- Full New Zealand Drivers Licence
What ATWC offer:
- Friendly working environment
- Additional paid holidays
- On the job training and mentoring
- Internal supervision
- My Days for 9 months of the year
- Pool car to use during working hours
** Given the impact COVID-19 has had globally, as an essential service with vulnerable whanau we will require all new staff to be fully vaccinated prior to starting. Evidence of this will be required.
Contact Hannah Iese for more information, email@example.com Applications close Thursday, 20 July 2022