Seeking a creative and passionate Social Worker to deliver the highly evidence-based Family Start program based at our Avondale Office.
Ko wai mātou | About us
The Anglican Trust for Women & Children (ATWC) is a multi-disciplinary Social Services organisation based in Otahuhu, with over a hundred and sixty years of service to families in our community. We currently have a vacancy for a for a Social Worker extraordinaire wanting a chance on improving children’s overall wellbeing and safety with holistic and culturally responsive support.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We are looking for a full-time Social Worker with our Family Start program in Avondale. As a Family Start Social Worker you will deliver an intensive home visiting programme working with children 0-5 years old and their families. The programme supports families with child development, health, education, and safety. Families of all ethnic backgrounds, with high needs can be referred to Family Start at any time from pregnancy, up until the baby is 12 months old. We work with families living with a variety of needs including mental health, addiction, care and protection, relationship issues, parenting and child developmental needs. ATWC recognises that families are the experts of their own lives and will support them to achieve their goals.
Mōu | About you
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A degree in Social Work that is registerable with SWRB
- Registration with SWRB or working towards SWRB graduate registration
- Experience of working with children and families is preferable
- An understanding of working with trauma, family violence, addictions, & mental health is preferred.
- Effective communication skills – speakers of multiple languages are encouraged to apply
- Knowledge of the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- A full and current clear driver’s licence
- Knowledge and experience in working with diverse cultures
- Legally entitled to work in New Zealand
What ATWC offer:
- Supportive team environment
- Ongoing professional development opportunities, including a New Graduate programme
- NZSWRB annual practicing certificate
- NZSWRB registration
- Paid external supervision
- 4 weeks annual leave
- 15 Days additional gifted leave per annum
- 37.5 working hours per week
If you would like to be part of the team helping build ATWC’s visibility in the community, we want to hear from you.
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter to [email protected]. Applications close on Friday, 26th May at 9.00 am