Do you want us to pay for your teacher’s registration and first aid course? Would you like a day off on your Birthday week? Additional paid holidays!.
The Anglican Trust for Women & Children operate two Early Education Centres. We are on the search for a 2IC/Team Leader for our St Mary’s preschool in Otahuhu.We have a great opportunity for a 2IC/Team Leader to lead, inspire and nurture a wonderful supportive and passionate team of educators, you will be the glue that binds the team together. Your role is to support the Centre Manager by rolling out centre policies and procedures across the team and ensure they are being adhered to and to also develop a positive team culture across the site. You will also be required on the floor from time to time. Team leader experience is necessary.
Ko wai mātou | About us
The Anglican Trust for Women & Children (ATWC) is a multi-disciplinary Social Services organization with over a hundred and sixty years of service to families in our community. We are offering a fantastic full-time opportunity available in our St Marys Preschool based in Otahuhu.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
ATWC has preschools in the Papatoetoe and Ōtāhuhu communities, Ko ngā tamariki te iho o a mātou mahi katoa (Children – the heart of all we do) is our reason. We are currently seeking a permanent full time 2IC/Team Leader to join our friendly whanau in a supportive environment at our centre based in Otahuhu. A unique learning environment for children aged 0-5 years from all backgrounds and ethnicities supporting local families with quality affordable childcare.
Mōu | About you
The successful applicant will also be committed to learning with the team in their journey of weaving Te reo me ona tikanga Māori within the preschool environment. To undertake this role you will have:
- Early childhood teaching qualification recognized by the Education Council of Aotearoa NZ
- Current Education Council Practising Certificate
- A strong understanding of planning, assessment, pedagogy, and curriculum
- Good knowledge of the current ECE regulations, Te Whaariki and hold compliance in a high regard
- To establish authentic and respectful relationships with Tamariki, whanau, and Kaiako a basic knowledge of Te Reo Māori or a Pacific Island language beneficial but not essential
- Initiative, a sense of humour, and demonstrate a strong commitment to team.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- A team player spirit and are passionate and self-motivated about leading a great team of teachers.
What ATWC offer:
As part of the ATWC team, you will have access to a number of benefits, including:
- An additional 15 days of paid leave
- Professional Development
- Fully funded Teachers Registration
- Support with First Aid Course/ renewal
- Friendly working environment, diverse work environment
- Free on-site parking
If you would like to be an integral part of a team, dedicated to creating stronger families in the Auckland community, we want to hear from you.
TO APPLY: Please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Applications close 9.00am, Thursday 18th May 2023
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Previous applicants need not apply