Ko wai mātou | About us
The Anglican Trust for Women & Children (ATWC) is a multi-disciplinary Social Services organisation with over 160 years of service to our community. We are currently looking for a skilled group facilitator for our Mellow Parenting and Mellow Bumps programmes 2 days a week.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Our group programmes are evidence based which support mothers and mothers to be. Both groups are run in the South Auckland area. To be successful in the role, you will have an understanding and relevant experience working with parents, and empathy for some of the challenges that can be present for our group participants and the systems they are part of. As a skilled facilitator, you will bring a knowledge of trauma informed practice to the group. A high level of cultural awareness and understanding of tikanga would also be desired.
Ideal applicants should have experience in and/or a qualification in social work, counselling or similar. You must have a full driver’s licence and be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Mōu | About you
You will have
- A tertiary qualification in social work or therapeutic services
- Experience working alongside mothers
- Experience in facilitating groups with adults
- Commitment and sensitivity to working within lower socio economic and multi-cultural communities
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong verbal, written and administration skills
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- Ability to promote inter-agency liaison in support of the programme
- Experience in working with parents/caregivers
- Desire to make a difference
- Knowledge of diverse cultures
- Solution focused
- Creativity and innovation
- Strong relationship building skills
What ATWC can offer
- Additional leave days as well as 4 weeks annual leave (pro rata for part time)
- Commitment to professional supervision
- Ongoing professional development and growth
- Supportive working environment
- Competitive Salary
** Given the impact COVID-19 has had globally, as an essential service with vulnerable whanau we will require all new staff to be fully vaccinated prior to starting. Evidence of this will be required.
To apply please send your resume with cover letter to Lila Taulapiu at LilaT@atwc.org.nz
Applications close Friday 24th of June 2022, 4.00pm.