Mellow Group Facilitator
Are you looking for part time work? Do you love working with mothers and mothers to be? And if you possess amazing facilitation skills, we would love to hear from you.
Ko wai mātou | About us
The Anglican Trust for Women & Children (ATWC) is a multi-disciplinary Social Services organisation based in Otahuhu, with over a hundred and sixty years of service to families in our community. Our values of Hope & Aroha, Compassion & Respect, Whanaungatanga, Stewardship, Integrity & Professionalism are the principles that guide all interactions.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We are currently looking for a skilled facilitator for our Mellow Parenting and Mellow Bumps programmes for 3 (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday) days a week. Our group programmes are evidence based which support mothers and mothers to be. Both groups are run in the South Auckland area. To be successful in the role, you will have an understanding and relevant experience working with parents, and empathy for some of the challenges that can be present for our group participants and the systems they are part of. You will bring a knowledge of trauma informed practice to the group. A high level of cultural awareness, an understanding of Te Tiriti O Waitangi and tikanga. Complete training will be provided for the delivery of the programme.
Mōu | About you
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in social work or therapeutic services
- Experience working alongside mothers
- Experience in facilitating groups with adults
- A strong commitment to Bi-Cultural practice and Te Tiriti O Waitangi
- Commitment and sensitivity to working within lower socio economic and multi-cultural communities
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong verbal, written and administration skills
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- Ability to promote inter-agency liaison in support of the programme
- Full drivers licence
- Knowledge and experience in working with diverse cultures.
- Strong relationship building skills
- Desire to make a difference
- Legally entitled to work in New Zealand
What ATWC offer:
- Additional leave days as well as 4 weeks annual leave (pro rata for part time)
- Commitment to professional supervision
- Ongoing professional development and growth
- Supportive working environment
- Sick leave from start date
If you would like to be part of the team helping build ATWC’s visibility in the community, we want to hear from you.
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter to [email protected]. Applications close on Friday, 15th December at 5:00 pm
Note: Only candidates who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.