Seeking a resilient and empathic individual to navigate referral pathways for individuals and whanau affected by family harm.
Ko wai mātou | About us
The Anglican Trust for Women & Children (ATWC) is a multi-disciplinary Social Services organisation based in Otahuhu, with over a hundred and sixty years of service to families in our community. Our values of Hope & Aroha, Compassion & Respect, Whanaungatanga, Integrity & Professionalism and Stewardship are the principles that guide all interactions.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a full-time Family Harm Co-ordinator within our Whanau Intensive Intervention team. This is a newly established role based at Otahuhu and is part of our developing response to Family Harm.
As a Family Harm Co-ordinator, you will collaborate with agencies and stakeholders within the Tauiwi Coalition of Family Harm providers. Through this service you will receive, allocate and navigate pathways for individuals and whanau affected by family harm. You will develop and maintain networks with agencies that can support those impacted by family harm. You will set up new systems and provide reports in support of the work done. ATWC recognises that families are the experts of their own lives and will support them to achieve their goals.
Mōu | About you
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- An understanding of working with trauma, family violence, addictions, & mental health is preferred.
- Exceptional relationship building and networking skills.
- Effective communication skills
- A can-do attitude and with proven problem-solving skills
- Resilient and an agile thinker
- Knowledge of the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- A full and current clear driver’s licence
- Knowledge and experience in working with diverse cultures
- Experience working within social work or similar type
- Legally entitled to work in New Zealand
What ATWC offer:
- Supportive team environment
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- 4 weeks annual leave
- 15 Days additional gifted leave per annum
- 37.5 working hours per week
If you would like to be part of the team helping build ATWC’s visibility in the community, we want to hear from you.
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter to [email protected].
Applications close on Tuesday, 14th November at 9.00 am.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted