Do you have the skill set and passion to support tamariki and whanau experiencing significant trauma, grief and loss? If you have a can-do attitude, you thrive on challenge and excel in a team setting we would love to hear from you.
We are offering a full time, 12-month Fixed term contract for a counsellor.
The vacancy is for a qualified and experienced counsellor, to join our Therapy Services team based in Otahuhu.
The desired candidate will have experience in working with Maori/Pasifika families/caregivers of traumatised children and have strong community and agency networks. Our therapy team is working with traumatised children and their caregivers/families; families with relationship, parenting, family violence and anger issues, as well as therapeutic support for our residents in our residential parenting programme. You would also need to hold a current full NZ driver’s licence, and be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
- Great communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Case Recording Skills
- Able to work autonomously & as part of a team
- Understanding of Te Ao Maori and/ or working with Pasifika
What ATWC offer:
- Professional registration with recognised national body
- Additional paid holidays
- Commitment to professional supervision
- Ongoing professional development
To apply, please send your resume with a cover letter to: AnelF@atwc.org.nz
Closing date: 23 April 2021